Pastor's Forum for 2020-2021
The Pastor’s Forum meets on most Monday evenings throughout the school year, at 6:30 p.m. in the chapel. Please enter church by door number one, and come into the chapel. The Pastor’s Forum is for all who want to discover, follow, and share the Catholic Faith more fully in their lives.
The Pastor’s Forum begins at 6:30 p.m. with Vespers, the official evening prayer of the Church. Vespers is an important part of the Liturgy of the Hours. Special worship aids will help you participate in this liturgical celebration.
The Pastor’s Forum continues at 7:00 p.m. with a spiritual presentation and group discussion of an important teaching of our Catholic Christian Faith. We will be using the My Catholic Life series as our spiritual resource for our discussions in 2020-2021.
The Pastor’s Forum concludes at 7:30 p.m. each evening with intercessory prayer for all the special intentions of the participants. Afterwards, the pastor is available to discuss matters further with those who wish to stay longer.
The Pastor’s Forum is a preparation for, or a follow-up to, the ChristLife course offered at our parish. Our parish also sponsors Bible Study and other adult formation activities, and promotes diocesan events for adults and young adults as well. Our other parish Prayer Partners groups are also highly recommended. Please contact the pastor at Prayer@StDaniel.org for more information. God bless you!
Pastor’s Forum for 2021-2022
Prayer Gathering. For the 2021-2022 year, the Pastor’s Forum will meet in a new place with a new plan. On most Monday evenings during the school year, the Pastor’s Forum will meet at 6:30 p.m. in Room 101 of the parish center. Please come to the southwest entrance, door #4, to enter. If the door is locked after the Pastor’s Forum starts, please go to your left towards door #5, which leads right into Room 101 from the outside. The prayer gathering concludes at about 7:30 p.m.
Plan for the Gathering. Here is how each Monday evening prayer gathering is being organized for 2021-2022.
6:00 to 6:30 p.m. – Doors open, some light refreshments are available.
- Early: Consider coming early for fellowship and some snacks, or just to talk and visit with your fellow parishioners. Come to door four at the southwest corner of the parish center building, or to door five, which leads right into the room where we will meet.
- Late: Consider staying late to finish the snacks, help clean up, or just to talk and visit with your pastor and your fellow parishioners. We can go as late at 8:00 p.m. in this regard. Otherwise, please make an appointment to meet with the pastor at another time.
- Help: Consider becoming a volunteer to provide and help serve the snacks for any given week of the Pastor’s Forum. Fellowship is an important dimension of our prayer gathering, as we seek to be an Acts 2:42 community of faith in our parish.
6:30 to 7:00 p.m. – A Scripture Reading and a Teaching are given by the pastor.
- Scripture: Either one of the Scripture readings from the previous Sunday will be explained further, or a Scripture reading will be chosen that leads into the particular theme of the pastor’s Teaching for this week’s prayer gathering.
- Teaching: The pastor will present a catechism-based teaching of Catholic Christianity, which is suitable both for those who want to become Catholic, or those who want to deepen their understanding of their Catholic faith.
- Prayer: The Teaching concludes with a special prayer that leads us into our Prayer Partner meeting for the week. If you have any special prayer requests, please let the pastor know about them before the gathering begins.
7:00 to 7:30 p.m. – Prayer Partner group discussion for the week, along with time for questions.
- Knowing: How did I grow in my personal relationship with Christ in the past week? What can I do to deepen my commitment to Christ and his teachings in the coming week? Let us win souls for Christ and promote the salvation of the world through Christ our Savior. This is what Discovering Christ is all about.
- Loving: How did I grow in my relationship with fellow disciples in the past week? What can I do to deepen my spiritual friendships with other parish community members in the coming week? Let us spiritually build up faithful disciples in prayer, learning, and service. This is what Following Christ is all about.
- Serving: How did I grow in my efforts to practice and share my faith with others in the past week? What can I do to be more fruitful in my spiritual outreach to prospective disciples in the coming week? Let us send forth missionary disciples into the world for Christ! This is what Sharing Christ is all about.
7:30 p.m. – Intercessory Prayers and the Prayer of Commitment to Jesus Christ
- Intercessory Prayer addresses the concerns of the prayer group, of our society, and of the Church.
- We conclude with the Prayer of Commitment to Jesus Christ as our Savior and the God of our lives.
- People may stay afterwards for sharing personal questions or religious concerns with the pastor.
- Please remember to mark your calendar for next week’s prayer gathering! See you in church!
An Invitation for You. Welcome! As a preparation for, and a follow-up to our ChristLife Course, you are encouraged to come to the Pastor’s Forum to learn how you can start their own Prayer Partner group, or just enjoy attending the Pastor’s Prayer Partner group, known as the Pastor’s Forum. The pastor’s prayer group is for converts (who wish to become Catholic), reverts (who are coming back to their Catholic faith, and who sometimes need to catch up on their sacraments), introverts (who want to grow in their Catholic faith), and extroverts (who want to share their Catholic faith more effectively). Even if you do not fit into any of these groups, please just come anyway. For information, please contact Prayer@StDaniel.org, and be sure to check out StDaniel.org/ChristLife as well. We are a faith community of prayer, learning, and service. Please come and join us as Intentional Disciples of Christ at Saint Daniel Catholic Church!